Beginning on Thursday, March 26, 2020, all operating child care centers in Ohio must do so under a Temporary Pandemic Child Care license and follow these guidelines:
- There should be no more than six children in a class.
- Ratios must be kept at one teacher to no more than six children.
- Children whose parents are employed by the same entity should be kept together whenever possible.
- The same teachers and children in each room should be maintained whenever possible.
- There should be limited use of shared space or mixing of groups.
- If shared space is used, a rigorous cleaning schedule must be in place.
- Parent interaction should be limited at drop off and pick up.
- The program will operate until April 30, with the potential to extend and adjust as needed.