Vermilion Street Dept
City of Vermilion
5511 Liberty Avenue Vermilion, OH 44089
Located at the corner of Main Street (Rt. 60) and Liberty Avenue (Rt. 6)
The Street Department is in charge of street maintenance. They provide a wide range of housekeeping services for the community, which include snow plowing, roadside mowing, ditch cleaning and other storm water related duties.
The Division of Streets is organized to provide for the creation of officially designated job titles and descriptions and order of chain of command, as follows:
- Street Superintendent
- Street Maintenance Foreman
- Assistant Foreman (as authorized by the Mayor)
- Equipment Operator II (as authorized by the Mayor)
- Equipment Operator I (as authorized by the Mayor)
- Equipment Operator Trainee (as authorized by Mayor)
- Laborer II (as authorized by the Mayor)
- Laborer I (as authorized by the Mayor)
Appointments to positions are made by the Mayor as appointing authority in accordance with the budgetary appropriations made by Council in order to provide salaries for Division personnel.