Vermilion Utilities Dept
Utility Billing Clerk: (440) 204-2420
Email: [email protected]
HoursPay Your Bills in Person 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Emergency service: (440) 204-2450 (This telephone number rings to the Water & Sewer Service Plant which is manned 24 hours per day. Emergency workers can be called out from that number.)
AboutThe Utilities Department consists of the Water Treatment Plant, Water and Sewer Distribution Department and Wastewater Utilities Plant. The Utilities Department is in charge of water and sewer lines.
First Energy: to report a power outage, call 1-888-LIGHTSS or visit www.firstenergycorp.com and choose Customer Care. To report a burned out street light, visit www.firstenergycorp.com and choose Customer Care.
Garbage & RecyclingThe City of Vermilion contracts with Allied Waste Services for garbage pick up.
40195 Butternut Ridge Road, Elyria, Ohio
To view the holiday schedule for your specific address, visit https://www.republicservices.com/schedule.
Contact the Utilities Department to find out what day your refuse will be picked up.
- Please have your rubbish and recyclable materials placed to the curb by 6 am on collection day.
- Collections are not made on these holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If any of these holidays fall on your garbage collection day, the collection will be delayed one day.
Residential Refuse Service
- Please place your residential refuse in the containers provided by Allied Waste by 6 am on your collection day.
- During the first full work week of each month, bulk items can be placed on the curb for pickup.
- Please set your recyclables out on the curb in the green container provided by Allied Waste by 6 am on your collection day.
- It is not necessary to put out the container every week, only when full.
Items to Recycle
- Aluminum, newspaper, cardboard, bi-metal and steel cans, glass bottles & jars, and #1 through #7 plastics may be placed in the blue container.
- Yard waste should be placed in a separate brown paper kraft bag each week from April 15 through November 30.
- For more information on recycling: www.dnr.state.oh.us/recycling